.

Continuing the rubric of "post from the past": Somebody builds castles in the sand, and Jim Denevan loves to draw designs on it unprecedented, and, with mathematical precision. So where do these strange crop circles
Jim draws mainly on the beaches, but recently he started to paint in the deserts.

Jim Denevanu 44 years. He surfer, an artist in the sand and the chef-taught.
When his father died, Jim was five years old. And when his mother fell ill with Alzheimer's, he first came to the beach to "forget."
He began to draw patterns on the sand with sticks, found in the same place.
As a result, his paintings evolved into true masterpieces, and sticks were replaced with a rake.
"On the beach I do not have much time, as in the desert - he says. - After all the ocean washes away very quickly. " 
"In addition, the beach is not so much space. The pictures that I want to paint, no longer fit on this stretch of land. "
"At first I drew simple shapes - animals, birds, waves, and the like. Now my paintings became more geometric nature. "
Jim drew his first masterpiece in 1995.
When asked what prompted him to do it seriously, he replied: "I guess curiosity."
"I was doing dancing and I like everything about space, though, I think this is a common condition for many creative people."
"With these images I tried to run away from problems. They comforted me, but it is not an easy job. I was not one kilometer. "
When asked how he manages to paint such a perfect circle, Jim replied that this is a matter of practice, "I have drawn thousands of laps in his life. In the desert, I once drew a circle with diameter of 6 km. "
"I think that in this case, everything is important: the surface, sea, mountains, climate - everything."
"Through his drawings, I'm trying to find a balance between freedom of choice and rules." On a personal website of Jim, you can take pictures and use as desktop wallpaper.

Blog Archive

Categories